SEO for those of you who are just starting out is Search Engine Optimisation
SEO is a set of rules that should be adhered to by a website or (or blog) owner to optimise their websites for search engines and improve their chances of ranking well to be seen and to be successful.
Search engine optimisation is more important than ever and it is necessary for every webmaster to understand the rules and regulations that google have in place to achieve optimal SEO, as well as the potential it creates for every business.
Google want you to be user friendly and to give the customer or user a positive user experience
It may seem like google have it in for you but it is actually a great way to increase the quality of your web site by making it user- friendly, making it faster and easier to navigate, something that in the past has had little attention and with mobile phones and devices changing sizes at a rapid rate of knots, web design must keep up.
Search engine optimization is essential because:
- The majority of search engines users are more likely to click on one of the top 5 suggestions in the results pages, so to take advantage of this and gain visitors to your web site or customers to your online store you need to try to be in the top positions.
- SEO is not only about search engines but good SEO practices improve the user experience and usability of a web site.
- Users trust search engines and having a presence in the top positions for the keywords the user is searching, increases the web site’s trust.
- SEO is good for the social promotion of your web site. People who find your web site by searching Google or Yahoo are more likely to promote it on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or other social media channels.
- SEO is important for the smooth running of a big web site. Web sites with more than one author can benefit from SEO in a direct and indirect way. Their direct benefit is increase in search engine traffic and their indirect benefit is having a common framework (checklists) to use before publishing content on the site.
- SEO can put you ahead of the competition. If two web sites are selling the same thing, the search engine optimized web site is more likely to have more customers and make more sales.
It’s a lot to take in isn’t it? so sometimes you are better off putting yourself in the hands of experienced SEO’s to avoid headaches and late nights…Just Saying 🙂